Maintaining a good skincare routine is as important now as ever. Many of our guests have been working towards their individual skincare goals and while we are staying home it’s necessary to practice skincare habits that will continue enhancing your skin. We asked the skin care professionals of The Woodhouse Day Spa in North Bethesda for their best skincare tips and what they are doing on a daily basis to maintain their own skin health. Here’s what they said...
Michelle - Lead Esthetician
My skin has been incredibly dry being quarantined in an apartment with no access outdoors. I have been using a hydrating regime to look after my skin. My current regime includes:
- Refining mist every few hours which aims to balance pH and refresh my skin with some moisture.
- Applying a hydrating mask three times per week.
- Using Jojoba oil as a moisturizer. The oil seals in hydration and jojoba oil does not clog pores. And lastly, while staying home go makeup free whenever possible!
Monica - Esthetician
- Drinking lots and lots of water. Every morning I drink an electrolyte tablet as well which helps keep my skin and body hydrated.
- Taking daily vitamins - Biotin, Vitamin D, Vitamin C and also maintaining a diet full of dark leafy greens and lots of fruit.
- Morning and nightly cleansing. I also apply hyaluronic acid every morning, and exfoliate three days a week with my favorite micropolish by SkinCeuticals. And of course sunscreen daily!
Mira - Esthetician and Massage Therapist
Daily skincare is extremely necessary while staying home to maintain your skin health.
- I find it really important for me to cleanse twice daily, I personally use a gentle cleanser for sensitive skin but I recommend you use one suited to your skin type.
- I recommend exfoliating three days per week which will help remove dead skin cells, peach fuzz, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Regular exfoliation also helps to brighten your complexion.
- Tone everyday to help hydrate your skin and to make sure your pores are clear from any excess oils and dirt.
- Additionally at night keeping your skin hydrated is key. I take a few drops of almond oil in the palm of my hand and apply it to my face starting from the base of my neck, working up the face using a circular motion. Massaging it into the skin ensures the oil is well absorbed.
Expert Tip: Homemade Brightening and Anti Aging Mask
- Blend together 1 tspn of Chick Pea Flour, 1 tspn Almond Oil, 1 tspn of Milk and a pinch of turmeric.
- Apply to the skin for 10 minutes and remove with warm water.
- The zinc from the chick pea flour helps draw out excess oils in the skin and the turmeric helps remove impurities and also works as a brightening ingredient.
- Blend up a few slices of cucumber and apply as a soothing toner with a cotton bud.
Courtney - Esthetician
My skin has become very irritated from wearing a face mask so I've been extra diligent with my skin care routine lately.
- I am using Acure Micellar Wipes between my cleansing regimen - I love them - they don't dry out my skin and I don't feel like I'm over-cleansing.
- I have also been focusing on my diet and making an effort to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Keeping up with my regular skincare routine, including applying SPF daily even when I know I'm not going out anywhere - you can never be too careful!
LaKisha - Esthetician and Massage Therapist
While staying indoors I am:
- Making sure to exfoliate regularly, about 3 days per week.
- Each day I Apply Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid serums to keep my skin deeply hydrated and nourished with antioxidants.
- Additionally, I also try to consume a diet of fruit and vegetables full of vitamins and antioxidants to keep my skin and body healthy.
The Woodhouse Day Spa of North Bethesda has gone online to continue to support your wellness journey and to keep you connected while in a state of isolation. To join us click here.